1. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation is an EU directive aiming to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union and is enforceable from 25 April 2018. GDPR is not only applicable to companies with an established presence on the EU market, but to any company or organization that processes sensitive data of EU citizens. Because of importance of the EU market globally, it is increasingly difficult to avoid being subject to GDPR in ASEAN as well.
2. Training Course
The “GDPR Essentials” two-day training course is built on ACPM IT Consulting Ltd.’s expertise gathered during 50+ GDPR audit projects in Europe as well as 30+ successfully conducted trainings within the EU regarding GDPR. Our training course is followed by a short exam that provides international certification of “GDPR Data Protection Expert” by the ACPM global network.
Training will be carried out by internationally certified GDPR Data Protection Officers of the ACPM network.
● What is the aim of GDPR? What is the scope, who are the subjects, what sensitive data does it involve?
● How does a business in ASEAN benefit from understanding and complying with GDPR? Importance of the global data market
● GDPR Cornerstone #1: Defining the objective of data processing
● Legal requirements related to data processing and defining them for specific sets of data
● Defining data processor and data controller in processes of a company: what are the major differences and how can they be identified?
● Documenting data transfer in compliance with GDPR
● Summary: how compliance with GDPR can be ensured for a business in ASEAN, and why is it important
3. Time and Venue
The training will take place in the ACPM/Moore Stephens Advisory Sdn Bhd Training Centre located at 3rd Floor Sunway Nexis, No 1, Jalan PJU 5/1, Kota Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, between 9:00 and 16:00 on 26-27 September 2018. The training is endorsed and supported by:
● ASEAN+ TrustMark Alliance
● Embassy of Hungary in Kuala Lumpur
● Embassy of Hungary in Jakarta
The training will feature an opening speech from Mr. Attila Kali, Ambassador of Hungary in Kuala Lumpur, as well as a discussion panel after the training.